faulty hard drive or im not sure?

kundi13

Baseband Member
formatted my mates pc, installed xp, realised he had a spear internal hard drive. managed to connect that spear 40gb hard drive dual boot kind of thing. now his pc is having problems like...his pc keeps restarting automatically once in while, internet explorer keeps shutting down, various other thing aswell. when i opened the pc up he didnt have the 2nd hard drive connected to it...do you think that the 2nd hard drive was a faulty one? zone alarm was installed aswell to keep the spywares n viruses out before he went online.

possibly but it's strange that it would be left inside the case. And what do you mean by internal hard drive? Is your friend using an external hard drive for his XP installation? What did you do to make it dual boot? Did you set the 40GB HDD as a slave drive? Did you reformat it?

i reformatted both of the hard drives. i installed xp on 1st master hard drive. then installed xp on 2nd slave hard drive for dual boot.

You shouldn't have to install the same OS on both hard drives. Just install XP on your main hard drive and leave the other one for backup or whatever you want to do to it.

Back
Top Bottom