Fan problem on semi-new computer?

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
I bought a Acer T160 in August, and it is totally silent, but when i'm running a application that requires a lot of processing power or something very graphical demanding. The fan kicks up in multiple stages. But while it turns up, the computer lags for like a split second. I'm guessing this is a power supply problem. Does it have enough power?

EDIT: thanks to whoever moved it, sorry i put it in the wrong section i just realized that.

Well, ANY brand PCs will have a low wattage PSU. I'd suggest to open the side panel and tell me what's the wattage.

lhuser said:
Well, ANY brand PCs will have a low wattage PSU. I'd suggest to open the side panel and tell me what's the wattage.
well from what i remember when i opend it up, the label with the wattage i belive is on the other side of the PSU so i'd have to unscrew it and everything. But I was doing some research just now and it looks like a 270 -300W. Eh that's kinda small for a 160 gig 72,000 rpm SATA hard drive. And other stuff. I guess that is my problem. How many watts should i have ?

I don't know the rest of your specs, but seeing as your comp is semi-new it should be a lot more. My old old computer with integrated video and 128mb RAM is 250watts.

Nah, his is a newer Sempron, Vista ready. No, you would need a 400W PSU for that.

Back
Top Bottom