Which FAN for Athlon XP 1800+

Well those are case fans. If you want CPU fans, your best off getting them with a heatsink as well. Thats whats going to do most of the cooling.

Yeah I have no idea how each fan performs in that language. Also like Kage said, those are case fans, not CPU fans. Look somewhere else for case fans around 70mm.

Nik00117 said:
For the sake of you not coming back too us asking what your CPU burnt out i'll give a few examples of heatskins and fans that work.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835103157

Get somthing simliar to that.

YOU NEED THE HEATSKIN, The fan prob does the least work of all out of heatskin, thermal paste and fan.

why would i need a heastskin when you say that the fan does the least work.
I'm satisfied with cooling but not with loudness so i think there is no need to buy complet cooler when heatskin cools well and it doesn'tmatter which fan i put onto it. Does it ?

Long as the fan is the same size and the screw holes are in the same place, then you can replace the fan ;)

Measure the distance between the screw holes and work out whether it's closer to 70, 80, 90, 92, 100, or 120mm and tell us.

And guys - that site is fine. Just choose a fan and it tells you all the details, and you can work out which details are which easily

why would i need a heastskin when you say that the fan does the least work.
I'm satisfied with cooling but not with loudness so i think there is no need to buy complet cooler when heatskin cools well and it doesn'tmatter which fan i put onto it. Does it ?

In a car the wheels do teh least work, yet they are still vital part of the car aren't they?Just don't buy a fan, and tape it onto your socket or osmthing really stupid like that and turn it on.

Back
Top Bottom