Failed? What does this mean on memtest86

tsh

Baseband Member
I got this error. If you know i posted here before with game problems. Quake demo/bf2/source games all run not very good for a x1900xtx. Source games run the worst hitting 20fps

Tst
Pass

Failing Address
000265b0e14 -613.0MB

Good
b32f742c

Bad
b22f742c

Err-Bits

Count Chan

4 1

The error is really in a line but i cant post it like that.. What does this mean?

I played day of defeat and i noticed that the "LED on the front of my case" was flickering very often. Same goes for quake 4 but with day of defeat it was more full lit up doing this every 10secs or less i would guess. With quake 4 only ran it for 2minutes but with those 2minutes the little light lit up softly every couple of secs

That normal?? Im out of ideas of why I have poor frames in almost all my games

Bad memory modules for RAM on your pc... that's right... see my other post..

jac006, what does this have to do with the video card? I ran memtest when I was building my computer and got 425436246256 errors, can't remember really how much but it was up there. I just switched the sticks of ram to the two other slots, and tried it again and it worked fine..

Yeah either your memory is faulty or just try what markxsoccer said. Becuase memtest tests your memory and if you are getting errors on that then it means there is somthing wrong with your memory.

Yeha, crap. My bad. Got mixed up with a different thread... yeah, switch memory modules and/or try new ones... sorry guys.

I called tech support and they game me a different test to run that doesnt take all day. About 10min. It came up with same error. Took out 1g of ram and got a different error.

When the ram is in ddr2 with 2 gs it makes a different error then when its by itself?

Anyways I took it out and re tested with the other ram and it came up with no errors. I had bad fps in games and Im hopping it was beacuse of this.

Only played one game that was the worst and now I can play it. Going to keep testing

Back
Top Bottom