F.e.a.r.

Your 6600 GT should play F.E.A.R. on medium settings with none of the eye-candy on (anti-aliasing etc).

No I think the 6600GT will play FEAR on medium with the effects turned on medium. If you OC it, what I think it will do is just make it more stable, graphic wise that is. I have an AGP 8x Radeon X700. It plays the game really well with almost all the eye candy turned on. So a 6600GT, which performs better then an X700, should do just fine! :)

You know you may even want to consider getting an X800GT. It's way better then a 6600GT and is only a little bit more. It has 256MB f]of GDDR3 RAM and is 256-bit. May want to explore that card instead of the 6600GT. :)

But also considert his is on the agp slot, so all these carsd run slower, so ill agree to medium with everything turned off.

The game isnt as demanding as most people make it out to be. Sure, it's incredibly demanding for most people, because most of the people who own computers aren't gamers like us. So for them to bust out with 512MB+ of RAM and at least a 5700 or 9550 in a video card, that's a lot.

But once you get a good card, the game definetly delivers some graphics that no other game has EVER been able to before. What makes this game so good is the quality of the graphics. So if you can get a nice card, DO IT. you won't be disappointed.

i have 2 6600gt's SLI'd and my cpu OC'd and i still can only play at medium settings. Its a very demanding game but rest assured that u will be able to play it with 1 6600gt. One thing to consider is that u may have a slower ping when playing online just b/c of the fact that ur on medium settings and someone else playing in the same room may not be.
But yes its totally playable! See u in the game.

Yes, when playing online turn the settings down a bit, or you WILL lag. And trust when I say that's no fun.

Although you should be able to play at medium settings, I did encounter a few spots wherethe game lagged for a bit. To easily solve this issue just open the menu, select your Settings. Change them down to Low, hen select OK and it will rebind the textures and you'll be lag free. Then once out of the "lag zone" go back and turn the settings up. :)

Back
Top Bottom