F.e.a.r

the deceived said:
I've read somewhere that the dual core will aloow the AI to be more 'creative' in their approach to kill you :) They'll make more use of their surroundings, and flip tables over, and basically do what a human would do in that situation. I can't actually see this happening, but then like I said, I don't like asking questions about how it works, I'm more interested in it working properly :)

Anyone heard any news on a UK release? I've heard quite a few (ranging from late October, through to the beginning of December). Can anyone clarify a date?

Thanks!

Well the AI in FEAR is the most advanced I have seen. It's made so that every soldier does different things everytime u play. For example u play and shoot 4 guys, then u die and load. Then u must kill the 4 guys again, but they are not in the same places they were last time, they use different kinds of tactics than last time. It's amazing.
And for flipping tables, that's the funniest thing that can actually happen. Like in Soldier of Fortune 2 there is this guy who flips a table the moment u open a door. And hides behind it... and he isn't smart enough to know that tables ain't bullet proof, and I am. So he dies, I live. End of story :D

But really flip a table so u can hide behind it, talk about stupidity. :D

Haha, yeah, tables aren't the best cover you can take. But then think of it this way. Maybe all of the soldiers on FEAR have been watching too many Hollywood cop programs, and you know, then want to try and see if it works. Unfortunately, the minute they realise it doesn't is the minute they die :)

jac006 said:
I noticed you changed your sig... and thanked me... lol... :)

Yup I sure did. Can't have people thinking that I don't know how to spell :) Also, I would never have noticed it until some pointed it out, so some thanks was in order :D

Isn't 5 lines the maximum for sigs?
Or has this rule changed?

Edit: 4. Signatures must be kept to a maximum of five lines.
the deceived, you naughty boy!

daemon said:
Isn't 5 lines the maximum for sigs?
Or has this rule changed?

Edit: 4. Signatures must be kept to a maximum of five lines.

Really??? Oooops, sorry daemon! Didn't read the rules on signatures

I shall edit it right now :)

Well put it in last night and it just wouldnt reconize it im guessing it fried, tried it in anouther computer of mine and did the same thing...

Vaporizing people with that particle cannon is surprisingly gratifying. It actually ran ok with my 4-year old system (very surprising) except when I got into that room with all the lighting & shadows (and the ghost). It does take an age to load though.

I'm thinking it has to be by the same developers as Max Payne with the slo-mo feature and weird dream sequences.

Yeah, the Particle Cannon is pretty effective as a Sniper Rifle. I like nailing the soldiers at odd angles with the 10mm HV Penetrator. The Pistol is a bit overpowered if you ask me...I took off one soldier's leg with it. O.O

EDIT>>> Does anyone think that F.E.A.R. can play on low of medium settings with a nVIDIA GeForce Go 6600?

Back
Top Bottom