EVGA 8800GT Superclocked Version

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Got this 1 in a new build, but when playing games it'll freeze up on games, it's froze up in FEAR and Crysis, which are the only games currently on that system. I tried reinstalling drivers and trying out other new drivers for the card, but srill have the same issue. I've read that 100's of people are having this issue with this card. Do you think it's a driver issue? I hope so, or I will wish I got the 8800GTS 640MB.

I did under clock the memory to the factory settings from 950mhz to 900mhz, that seemed to fix it, but I want the setting made from evga. Think it's just a driver issue?

PS before someone asks, my temps are fine, load temps are 65-70c so it is not a heating issue at all, since those are gr8 load temps for that card.

could be a driver issue? install the latest drivers from Nvidia (use the beta ones) there are tons of 8800GT fixes in them :D

hmmm....then just wait, i dont think 50mhz on the memory clock will make much of a difference at all.

whats your fan speed at your memory might be running to hot or somthing on the gpu
turn your fan speed up

whats your fan speed at your memory might be running to hot or somthing on the gpu
turn your fan speed up

My max full load with playing crysis for and hour, is only 70c, that is really good temps for that card, so that is not a issue. Idle is only 55c. Temp is not the problem.

it stopped when you under clocked it?
if it did id just leave it the tinny overclock = like 1fps

it stopped when you under clocked it?
if it did id just leave it the tinny overclock = like 1fps

I have no problem with that, but do you think it's just a driver issue since many people are having the same issue? I'm just hopping it's not a bad bunch of bad GPUs'

Back
Top Bottom