Everything powers up, but no display

Uziel

Solid State Member
First off, first post here so I'm very sorry if this is in the incorrect section. Anyways, after hours of trying to troubleshoot and research to find a solution to my issue, still no luck.
So I recently purchased and installed a few parts for my computer; 4GB additional RAM, a new processor, and a new case. Details below. The issue I've been having is my computer will start the fans and everything will spin up; HDD, GPU fan, CPU fan, etc. but then I will not get any display. Also, I plugged in a PS2 keyboard and when I start the computer, the "lock" LEDs(scroll, num,etc.) light up.

Current List of Things I've tried:
-reseating all RAM, trying each piece individually
-putting in my old processor(AMD Athlon X2 245)
-pulling out my graphics card (GTX 460) and trying onboard graphics
-clearing the CMOS

Motherboard: M4A785-MNewegg.com - ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

New Parts:
-RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
*This is the exact same RAM that I was using before, I just bought 4GB more for a total of 8GB*
-Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
Case: Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Any ideas/feedback would be greatly appreciated. According to a few sites, it sounds like a bad Mobo, but I would like to get as many opinions as possible before possibly wasting money. Thanks ahead of time everyone

Take the bios battery out, let it sit for 3 minutes, put back in. It's your cpu that's probably the culprit. I had similar problems when i replaced my cpu. I knew everything worked, so it was somethnig small.

EDIT: I assume there are error codes?

Thanks for the quick response, I forgot to list that I pulled the battery for a few minutes as well. As far as error codes, there are no sound patterns or light sequences.

Sounds like the motherboard might be dead. At this point it sounds like you could try baking it. 375F for 10minutesin the oven. Keep all plastic out of the oven and use tinfoil to prop up the motherboard. I used a baking sheet when i did my video card. Made the surface flat.

(If anyone has better ideas than this post them up, this is about the only other one i have. If it doesn't work, i dont' know, probably dead board.

Alright thanks krone, i'm going to check out my warranty options and such before trying to do any self repairs, but i'll keep this updated with any new things I try.

Don't look at a dead motherboard yet. Make sure you try just doing one upgrade at a time to rule back a DOA sick of ram or CPU. Also, run a BIOS update to make sure your motherboard can properly support the new CPU. If it doesn't, it will still turn on but it won't know how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom