Everything installing on 'C'?

Shantei

In Runtime
Is there a way I can change a setting so that whenever I download or install something it doesn't go to C? I've barely got any space on there and it's reserved for something else.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, can someone tell me what this file is from? '4fbdd82cb5b8dc3b3a41258054504ee3'
It also has a text document inside called '%temp%dd_msxml_retMSI'.

I think it's something to do with the m/b...

Also another folder 'Program Files' appeared from nowhere. In it is 'Common Files' and then 'Microsoft Shared' and then 'DW' and in that loads of number folders like '1028'. It came from nowhere...

During most installations there is a "Custom Install" option that allows you to choose the destination drive. Select your desired drive then.

The temp msi file is probably nothing to worry about, what did the .txt doc say? If you're really concerned delete the temp file.

Program Files is the directory Windows installs applications to, is it c: \Program files??? if so it is the default install directory.

Did you get your other pc working ? sounds like a new build going on here.

Looks like a myspace picture file... like when you save a picture from your mysapce.

Nah I've yet to fix the evil one! This is another one which is pretty good, but yeah, I've reformatted everything. Also I knew about the drive you could select to install things on, but some things don't even offer which drive to install on, they just go to C. Whether it's because it's a program to do with something on the OS I don't know, but I've installed ones I think are not.

Also the 'Program Files' Appears on two drives. Except one of them with most of the stuff missing :S

...... Also the 'Program Files' Appears on two drives. Except one of them with most of the stuff missing :S
If you're installing to a second drive Windows will create a "Program Files" directory there too, it is the default directory that Windows uses for installed programs, the second drive "Program files" won't be the same as the one on the Windows drive as it won't contain the os specific directories

Ok cool, thanks.

The thing is this new HD is 10k rpm, installed OS on it, and it almost seems to appear to load things up a little slower, although some of the programs are on my old HD. Well, the computer boots up way faster though.

Back
Top Bottom