Error Message Info

udornvet

Solid State Member
Guys n Gals,

I finally got the mouse working on this old Toshiba, and BTW To get into the BIOS I had to hit the F8 key while booting up, that takes you to the list of options Safe Mode, etc...Select Run in DOS...Type in at the prompt,

TEST3, then bam, goes right into the BIOS menu's...

Another problem I was having. After I got the computer home from work today, I tried booting it up, and before it booted, it started making a weird noise, then stopped and at the top of the screen it said:

"change the stack settings in your config.sys files and try again"

Ever hear of that one? What the heck does change the stack settings mean in your config.sys files??

Anyway, I sure would appreciate your feedback on this one...I've never heard of this before...It does work in the safe mode BTW....

Thanks Again,

RB in Baton Rouge....HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!

You should be able to edit the config.sys file within DOS. Not 100% sure about it. Haven't used DOS that much, as I'm more familure with UNIX/Linux. They have what is called a VI editor. I can't remember if DOS had a text file editor or not. You can create batch files, so I'm assuming you could change the file. As far as the stack it's talking about, not a clue.

Back
Top Bottom