E8500 Overclock

canucks63

In Runtime
This is my E8500 overclock, I just wanted to know if there was anyway to get it higher. I don't exactly like my CPU voltage at the moment as I don't want my chip to degrade. I'm scared to raise the voltage any higher, but if I could without degrading my chip, let me know. I have run Orthos for like 20 hours stable before, I just wanted to show you guys load temps.

It seems that others are getting much lower voltages than mine. :( It seems my NB/SB voltages are low, and FSB voltage are too. I don't exactly know how to go about this.

wir8dl.jpg

Thanks for any help or comments.

I used multiple temperature monitoring programs as I don't know which one is most accurate. :p

Every chip is different, some are gems, some are duds. I had two very poor E8400s before my E3110.

You could try raising the NB voltage a notch to see if that's holding you back. Another setting to try is GTL reference, it can make a difference sometimes when pushing for higher FSBs, although at 430, I doubt it's the problem.

I've never needed to increase the FSB voltage and it's the thing that kills these 45nms the quickest. You could try going up a notch if you think it's the problem, call it max at 1.2V though.

Again, it's just trial and error.

You could try reducing your RAM latencies, that's something I always do once I'd reached my max OC.

I had to keep lowering the RAM speed, but I got the q6600 up to 3GHz, I think at 1.4V pretty easily. Even if it does die in two years, which it won't (if you just do the core voltage) you will be able to pick up one from ebay pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom