E1505 blue line on screen

vampist

Fully Optimized
Alright I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 that I am having some issues with.
Only when I move the screen into a certain position does the blue line(vertical) appear on the right side of the screen.
Now I am also starting to notice a orange-ish red line starting up on the right-middle of the screen. Also vertical. BOTH only when I move the screen sometimes. It's not really like a for sure position though.. I just have to move it back and forth a little until it goes away. I have noticed it's there when starting up, does not appear very well on white.

Got any clues? Suggestions? I have read it could be the Monitor, Graphics card, and ram. Which is a little odd I never heard of the ram causing that but that's what I read.

Sounds like you may have a loose connection since it only happens when you move the screen. I can't advise you on how to open it up, but I'm sure somebody else knows.

Patient: It hurts when I move this.

Doctor: Well then, don't move that.
:D

Do you have another monitor cable you could try? Something might be loose in the cable. I'm assuming that since it only happens when you move it that it can't be the graphics card or ram.

Yeah you guys are probably right I didn't even think about that. Well I sort of did but I figured I had scratched that issue. I took apart almost the entire computer and rebuilt it with still the same problem.

As for it not being the ram and the graphics card your right that makes sense.

I have also tried putting pressure on certain areas of the screen (outside of the screen). That doesn't do much UNTIL I put preassure on the top left corner and on the back. So in other words I bairly bend the screen just a little and it goes away. I noticed there is wires running around the screen literally all the way around.. you would figure they would just go from each side... but no of course not.. lol.. So anyway I think I might pop the screen cover off and fiddle with that wire and see if that has anything to do with it.

It's not your PC, it is either your monitor cable or the wiring inside the actual monitor.

Oh, well then it's quite simple. It's not your PC, it is either your laptop monitor cabling or the wiring inside the actual monitor.

emot-q.gif

Let there be light! wait no wrong shit... damn it.
Ah and it is fixed!

Chip on the back was moving, I noticed when it moved the blue line would come on and off. So I took a small piece of rubber and put it on the screen cover. Now it's pushing the chip forward in the brace. Viola!

Back
Top Bottom