DX10 cards

Bob94571

In Runtime
Ok the only part of my rig that im building in my sig left for me to buy is the video card... i heard alot of people say wait for DX10 cards so i got a couple questions:

Will they only work with Vista (i heard DX10 will only run on Vista.. if thats true then can a DX10 card just run DX9c on XP...

Next... how much will a new DX10 card be... and does anyone think there will be any problems with it?

And what vid card should i get to run on till then... i heard alot of people say a 7600GT is that a decent card?

edit: and also... what will vista cost when it comes out

Edit aain :and will DX10 be compatible with my DX9 games (dont see why it wouldnt but just wanna be safe) and be compatible with my specs in my sig... the processor is 939 not AM2 if you couldnt tell from the ram

No one knows what the price on the DX10 cards, just wait. When I see DX10 on my news on website.. i'll post it up

WIKIPEDIA said:
DirectX 10 is available exclusively to Vista, which means that computers that aren't running Vista will not be able to run later games which require DirectX 10.

I doubt it then...

i've seen a 'vista compatible' video card, not sure if its dx10 compatible. i already have dx10 from the vista beta...haven't tried a game on it yet.

DX10 cards will not run in DX10 mode on XP. DX10 cards will run on DX9 on XP. DX9, 8, 7 etc will work on vista. DX10 cads will only get all the lil nice eye candy on vista.

I'm going DX10 because I figure in 08 or so i'll upgrade to vista. And i'm sure DX10 GPUs are going be wicked.

Im gona get a DX10 right when I get Vista, which is prolly not soon, cause im fully satisfied with XP for now. Plus DX10 will not make any difference for atleast a year, as all games will still be DX9 based.

Back
Top Bottom