DVR Questions

steeda001

Baseband Member
Since most of these DVR's you can get today from your Cable providers are basically mini computers, I have a few questions about them.

I have a Motorola DCH6416 Host Set-top DVR and it has an ethernet port out back and a USB port out back. I was wondering if any of yall know a way to export shows that are recorded to a computer hard drive whether through USB or LAN and also, is there a way to log into the DVR remotely to administer it. I would like to log in to the DVR from other terminals on the network and be able to set it to record. Does anyone on here have any experience with that?

Thanks

i know that u can take the hard drive out of it physically and just put it in ur comp... but i havn't actually tried it... and u have to be carefull not to pull off the sticker tat voids warranty

Then how are you going to open it? Without pulling the sticker?
sarcasm.gif

That was kinda the question i had too. Is there anyway to do it without entering the box?? :D

Yeah I think anyone that is computer literate and has one has thought this.

lol when we first got ours I was like o0o00 can I put this on the network and stream some vids?

You can't, I've looked into it. The contents of the hard drive are encrypted on most DVRs anyway.

Back
Top Bottom