DVI vs. VGA

kchi55

Fully Optimized
What are the advantages that DVI display have over VGA display? I recently purchased a DVI 22" LCD, an upgrade from my 17" VGA display, I'm not sure what I should be noticing though.

vga cant do high deff
dvi and do beyond 1080p
so if u had a vga monitor pluged into an adapter for a high deff video card
u lose all the highdeffonition
u plug it onto a dvi monitor u get 1080p pluse depending one your hardware

I'm pretty sure that's false esa, do you have any proof??

Anyway, the difference is that with DVI, the signal is "pure." Meaning, it doesn't have to be converted. DVI uses a digital signal, and VGA uses analog. Monitors only use digital signals, so for VGA it has to be converted to a digital signal for it to be displayed. This conversion results in a loss of quality.

There's a decent difference in quality, I think everything looks a bit sharper with DVI.

He's talking HDMI there :p

DVI can push higher and more crisp resolutions compared to VGA.

VGA and DVI can't go hi def. DVI beats VGA in quality of images and higher resolutions. High def is HDMI, high def composites and optical.

all computer resolutions are "High Def" heck even 640x480 is still higher than a standard TV resolution. i guess people associate high def with tv's too much because when you watch a dvd on your computer that is HD enabled you watch it HD. i think people think that the TV is just bigger and the screen is LCD or Plasma to be HD

True, but than you can use something like Nvidia Purvideo to make it look better. I have a question related to this, if I buy something that uses HDMI, can I se an adaptor to plug it into the DVI slot on my monitor? and will I loose quality doing that? just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom