DVD Writer Permissions

connchri

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone.

Ok, I've a problem with everybody in our home continously using up my blank discs with family creating there own music cds. I don't mind them doing it, but when everytime I go to burn a disc myself and I notice a big difference in the ammount of discs I have left, well, I can't help but start to hold a grudge, especially when no-one admits to it or helps out with buying new ones.

So, I was wondering if there's anyway in which I can set read and writing permissions on my DVD Writer. I have successfully did it with my printer and a backup hard drive on my rig, but the security tab used to do this is not availiable on the property window for the DVD Writer. I can understand why due to the Discs being removable storage and the device not being a NTFS volume used by vista, but is there anyway to set these properties device wide and not volume wide? as it was my understanding that beneath the eye candy, all devices are seen as files by the NT kernel anyway (in much the same way as MacOS X, Linux and Unix, etc)

Any help would be appreciated, specs are in the sig.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom