DVD rom

Alfie1

Beta member
Can anyone help? When installing a new dvd rom i understand i can change region settings up to 5 times. I forgot about this and now the drive will only play region 1 dvd's. Is there anyway of getting the drive to play any region dvd's? I know an reload of the OS makes no difference. Do i have to buy a new dvd rom?

This isnt a dvd rom problem. Its just the software. Luckily you can just try a different software. I use one for my american dvd's (windvd) and the other for my european (powerdvd).

Alfie said:
Can anyone help? When installing a new dvd rom i understand i can change region settings up to 5 times. I forgot about this and now the drive will only play region 1 dvd's. Is there anyway of getting the drive to play any region dvd's? I know an reload of the OS makes no difference. Do i have to buy a new dvd rom?
Why is this a problem ? Do you have dvd's in more than 1 format ?
If you travel the world and buy them then thats not easy to solve.
Buy at home.

GRAAAAAH, stop with your opinions and provide help. You seem so much nicer on greathanc.

camers said:
GRAAAAAH, stop with your opinions and provide help. You seem so much nicer on greathanc.
Not really since i don't know enough yet to reply.Is it N America or Europe standard etc.
So i'll just say "select the detect option"
I have it.do you ?
Sorry no attachments again problem.
:rolleyes:

hi there, i had same problem with my dvd drive you will need to down load fernware for your dvd drive which should fix the problem then reset the region but don't keep changing thr region.

hope this is of some help.

Back
Top Bottom