Dualscreens effect gaming performance?

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
I play a lot of Bf2, Cod4. Atleast, I use too. Well I've had this second 22 inch screen for a few months and it really seems that my games FPS and sudden sharp spikes lag has really been affected by it. I don't know if it's my imagination or not. But its really bothering me to know...

dual screens shouldnt really matter.
Download FRAPS, and load it up when you play games, and see if theres any FPS drops.

Yeah I guess. I download FRAPS ill run some tests :D. I figured running a desktop at high resolution would take some processing power though and more of that virtual memory.

If you have a card in SLI can you display 4 screens at once?

It actually will affect your fps!!!! Your graphics card has to push two monitors and with the 2nd one being at such a high resolution it puts an extra strain on your graphics card.

huh.....
i never got any FPS drops when i had dual screens, if i had any, it was like a maximum of 5 frames.
You could do some adjustments in the control panel, i dont know how or if its possible, but i was reading about dual monitors and they adjusted to where they would barley lose any FPS on high res.

Your exactly right Teny. When I saw that post, I did notice that it makes my right screen resolution change to like a 600-900. And It really didn't effect the frame rate at all with that program FRAPS thxxx

Assuming there is nothing big running on the extra screen (like a movie, tv, or anything else that is graphically challenging) there shouldn't be much of a difference if your video card has 512MB of memory or more. I didn't even lose a single FPS when i had my dual monitor setup going.

Back
Top Bottom