Dual screen

asaksena

Beta member
I am using compaq 510 core 2 duo laptop with windows XP is OS. recently I purchased sony Bravia TV and connected my laptop with it. I wished to use system as dual screen.

As I connect the system display of my laptop screen is automatically transferred to TV screen. But I am not able to use it as a dual screen, such that I can open some programs/ documents on one screen while writing program or preparing presentation on other screen.

I tried to change settings in control panel>> display>> settings but it did not help.

monitor options under display drop box are
1. Plug and play Monitor on mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chip-set Family
2. (Default Monitor) on mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chip-set Family.

When I press identify button only screen 1 is identified and no 1 is displayed on both laptop screen and TV screen but no. 2 is not displayed on any of the screens.

Can some one help me resolve following points

a) use TV screen as dual screen with output.
b) why is default screen Plug and play Monitor while no. 2 screen is mentioned as Default monitor.

See the Fn key? probably down the bottom left.

Hold that down, and look at the 'F' keys at the top, F1, F2 etc. There is most probably a little picture with a screen on it, or two screens, or something related to screens :)

While holding Fn, press that key, and keep pressing the combination until you find the display type you desire.

problem was solved by following procedure.

control panel >> display - click setting tab
click on screen 2 and right click and select attached.

once screen 2 was activated tick <Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor.

click on <Advanced>

select <Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile> tab

click on Graphics properties

and set display properties such that size of screen and other desired specifications.

display gets extended to new screen. now every application open in laptop screen and can be dragged to TV screen.

See the Fn key? probably down the bottom left.

Hold that down, and look at the 'F' keys at the top, F1, F2 etc. There is most probably a little picture with a screen on it, or two screens, or something related to screens :)

While holding Fn, press that key, and keep pressing the combination until you find the display type you desire.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom