Dual Monitor Help

NateCohen

Baseband Member
I am having a problem with putting my desktop on my TV also. For some reason the TV comes in, but it's only in black and white. I don't know why it's doing this, but I know it's not a wire problem, because when the computer is booting up, I can see the start up screen with the Windows XP start up screen, and all the colors on that work fine. But right when it goes to Windows, it becomes black and white. I am running Windows XP Pro. And my video card is a Nvidia 6800 XT. Thanks for the help in advance.

Sounds like you need to play with the video settings on the nvidia control panel.. maybe you have it set to pal instead of ntsc or something?..

I did fail to mention that I have a S-Video 9 Pin cable going in to the Video Card. Then I have a splitter that changes the S-Video to the yellow video cable sense I don't have a S-Video cable. Maybe that's what is causing the problems? Can anyone try and find me a cable that's around 6-12 ft long, that has a 9 pin S-Video cable then on the other end is a S-Video basic 4 pins?

yup, thats the problem. i tried the same thing. are you splitting it to component? yp bp r?

that would show in b&w
get an s-video cable and it'll show up in color

That's what I am doing. What I am trying to find is a S-Video cable that has 9 pins on one side, and 4 pins on the other. I am having a hard time finding one of those. The 9 pins has to plug in to my video card, my video card doesn't work with 4 pins. If someone can find one of those for me, that would be awesome. Thanks.

No one on these forums know the name of the S-Video cord that has 9 pins on one side then 4 on the other?

You should be able to simply get a 4 pin and 4 pin S-Video cable. It should work fine. I plug in 4 pin cables to 9 pin ports all the time and it always works fine.

I tried pluggin my 4 port into my video card and it doesn't even fit. I don't know how you get it to fit.

Back
Top Bottom