dual monitor

pepzsoduh

In Runtime
i'm kinda new to all this computer stuff and am trying to learn as much as i can before i build one.
anyway right now i'm looking to learn about dual monitor setups because i think i might do one. can you give me some info about what video cards you'll need, if it works with crossfire, how to set it up, and anything else you think i should know.
thanks

Even older cards can do dual monitor but they lag a bit. A 9 series card will do dual monitor perfect. Just hook up both monitors to whatever ports are available. Be sure to have both sources plugged in when it's booting. You can have a TV and a monitor or both monitors (or both TV's). Look to whichever displays first and use your (winXP) Right Click > Properties > Settings to make one display a primary and the other an extension. Then from there you can set both displays resolution.

Should work with CrossFire, and SLI.

in crossfire does it matter what graphics card the monitors are plugged into (same one, one in each, etc) and if i do a dual monitor setup and i'm playing a game on one screen and checking email on the other will performance decrease at all? also will the mouse move from one screen to the next or do i need 2 mouses (keyboards too?) and lastly will it be like a 2 regular screens or one big screen streched over the two monitors.
thanks for all the advice

You can have two things going on at once, But since games mostly "take" your pointer away, you will still have to ALT+TAB to browse the Email page. It's possible to put one picture across all of the displays or to have them as individual task screens.

does it matter where you plug in the monitors on the two video cards? is there anyway to configure it so there are two mouses (mice lol) on the screen

You can have two things going on at once, But since games mostly "take" your pointer away, you will still have to ALT+TAB to browse the Email page.
it would be more convienent to have a mouse on each screen so if there's any way to do it could you tell me?

I don't believe there is. You can plug two USB mice in, but they will both be fighting for control over the same pointer. Same thing that happens when you plug two keyboards in. You can type on both at the same time but only at the same place.

o ok thanx and can someone plz tell me if it matter where you plug in the monitors on the videos cards in crossfire? (example: one in each, both monitors in one video card

Back
Top Bottom