Dual Core vs. Speed

why thank you for answering... so it is probably worth the $110.

now is RAID good? does it affect my system performance?

dev cant you move on and just answer maybe atleast one question of mine? i'm sorry i'm not a computer guru, but can you please be patient with me and we can get this over with?

Ok let me awnser your question first...yes raid is good do you even know what raid you want? It will increase you performance all depends on which raid setup you get. Raid 0 is the best if you want tto get performance out of it. Now, ever since you have gotten here all you do is talk about how no one here helps you and keep going on about no one is really that good with computers. IF thats the case if your gonna say something smart every time you dont get an awnser then i think i speak for everyone LEAVE!!!...God man be patient, im sure 99.9 % of the people here know more then you so you shouldnt critizie this forum all day..!!!!

Ahh you learned that there was an edit button nice...see you learn things when you are patient

Yeah all you do is make fun of the damn forum...
But ill explain how raid 0 works...Ok for raid 0 you need 2 identical hardd drives. Now when you set them up in raid, whatver you save the computer automatically strips the data in half, half the data goes to one hard drive and the other half goes to the other hard drive. So when the computer goes to open the info both hard drives are spitting info at the same time, which increases your performace...There you go i awnserd :)

I swear he said it in another thread he made ima go look...Ok here is one where he makes fun of a memeber for saying shorten ur sig

=xXFoRsAkEnXx= said:
omg, is your life so bad that you have to worry about that? you in need of posts?

i just bought the computer Dell E510 and they probably scammed me on the hdd but i did take it off of quiet on the bios, and i set it on performance but i dont think it makes that much of a difference,,

lolololol i thought it would give you guys more motivation... i'm sorry i am being annoying and you guys have been extremely helpful...

i heard that theres games coming out that have the ability to use both cores at the same time.. (multi threaded games) is that true? wtf am i so interested in computers and spending a 4 monthes worth of pay (i'm sixteen and work at mcdonalds) on this stuff? lol i better get atleast 60 fps consistantly or else i will burn this computer..

Yes, there are games that will be supporting dual cores(multithreaded games) i think they already have one that supports it and thats quake 4 not 100% sure on that..

wow no other computer brand or online computer shop can match Dell's price...

i think i'm might be making a mistake.. what would you guys change if you were in my position

New Specs
2.80 Ghz Dual thingy
4x512 533mhz DDR2 PC-4300
256 ATi integrated
DVI 19inch LCD
160 hd

oh yeah: $949

Well one reason its cheap is because you have an integrated video card which i dont see why you would be getting that after you have been saying you want 60fps ect. A 7900 would pop like another 300 onto your total thats the only reason its so cheap not cause its Dell, but because your gpu is integrated if i were you i would get a pci-e card maybe a 7800 or a 7900

yeah i know but my 2gb of ram should cover the integrated part... maybe the dual core could help out with the slower fps... whatever idk...

Back
Top Bottom