Dual-Channel RAM Installation?

Xomphos

Baseband Member
Hi,

I built my computer with an MSI motherboard a month or so ago and bought a 1GB DDR2 667MHz A-Data stick of RAM then. Just a bit ago, I bought another stick to total 2GB and to take advantage of Dual-Channel Memory. I have it installed and it is working fine, but the thing that is confusing me is for Dual-Channel Memory, my motherboard book says to put the RAM sticks right next to each other (Bank 0 and 1 I believe-I have four slots) which I do. However, what confuses me, is the first slot is green, second orange, third green, and fourth orange or something like that which confuses me like I should move my second stick to the third one, but the motherboard book is telling me the opposite?

What should I do? Thanks!

download CPU-Z (google it) and open it up. then open up the memory tab and it should tell you if your running dual channel or not. if your not then switch the sticks, if your are then, well, dont.

Is it orange orange green green or orange green orange green? Put the RAM in 2 of the same color (for example, put the 2 sticks into the 2 green slots)

Thanks to everyone who replied-I figured out that my current set-up was right thanks to CPU-Z.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom