Dual booting?

Thelis

Golden Master
I have Vista on both of my computers, and I would like to dual boot XP onto both of them. I have XP disks and keys. How would I go about doing that? I found countless guides for getting Vista with Xp, but nothing about getting XP with Vista.

Any pointers?

just put the install cd in and see what happens they both run NTFS so vista's partition is backwards compatible. if you run into problems post them heare and see if we can help

running multiple OS's will slow your computer down but not that much. also vista uses a seperate boot manager so you have to click "other windows os" before you can get to xp so you cant have xp start up by default like if it reboots and your not there it will boot into vista no matter what

Yeah, I actually have another question. I just got a Kubuntu ISO, can I dual boot that with Vista?

hi m8

im think im gonna try the same tomorrow xp and vista dual boot with vista installed first,

im gonna follow this guide . http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

that will be fun actually see if it works for both of us or just 1 ?? coz vista is doin ma head in but i dnt wonna get rid of it as its sort of an achievement to have vista i dnt wonna go backwards coz i know if i completly get rid of it ill regret it later when every1 is switching over

its pritty simple it will ask u wair to install just make a new partion and install
(my hard drive is set up like this 20g vista 15g xp rest storage becouse then u can get all your info no matter wat your on

Back
Top Bottom