Dual boot

computerfix101

In Runtime
I have a 40 gb hardrive and I had partitioned it 20 Gb and 20 GB so I installed Windows Xp on the first one and Windows Vista on the second one. BUT... When I boot my computer it goes straight to Windows XP. How can I ge a windows when I boot up for me to choose which one I want to use either xp or vista?

Did you install vista after installing xp? It should automatically do it if you did (Im triple booting with paragon boot manager; linux, xp, and vista). Make sure to select custom install on vista setup and choose which partition you want to install to, both have to be formatted for NTFS.

thats your problem then. you should have installed xp first. there are many guides on how to fix it though. like this one. just skip to the bit after "installing windows xp"

Just hit f8 on startup to bring up the 'windows advanced menu' one of the options will be to select the os. Then just select vista or xp. Easiest solution to your problem :-D

Just hit f8 on startup to bring up the 'windows advanced menu' one of the options will be to select the os. Then just select vista or xp. Easiest solution to your problem :-D
the windows xp boot loader wont detect vista, it wont work

Well, you installed it, you still have the CDs. It must not have been that long, just uninstall vista and reinstall it.

Back
Top Bottom