Drive space always changing

2plus3is9

Beta member
hi, i have a laptop with windows vista on it, and lately, for the past 2 weeks, the drive space that i have in C: and in D: keeps changing dramatically. I should have about 2Gigs of space left in C: , and 300MB in D:. However, i often get notifications from my computer telling me that drive space is low in C: or in D:. I go check out the situation, and it turns out I have 0.08 MB left in C and 2MB left in D:. I had not downloaded anything or installed anything, the drives just seemingly filled up. after a few hours, the drives empty out again to their correct capacity, but this is short lived because the filling up re-occurs.

I appreciate any help.

This happened to my dad's machine.

Its nothing really to worry about, because its actually all the temp files taking up space that you haven't cleared in ages.

In XP, I'd find it simple to help you, but in Vista, I don't know how different the settings are...

i have found this though, which you should just be able to follow through and complete the process.

http://www.pctipsbox.com/how-to-manually-clean-out-the-temp-folder-in-windows-vista/

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom