DRAM red led.

SweetThuy

Beta member
So I built my first computer not so long ago. The first day worked smoothly no issues. Then the day after it froze up random out of no where couldn't do anything so I powered off by holding down the power button for 5 seconds then it I turned it on and the DRAM led is red solid red. Turned it back off gave it a minute turned it back on it was working like normal. This morning when I woke up and tried to boot it I did the same wait a minute and tried it work then I browsed the web for a couple minutes and it happened again now it's solid red and won't boot at all, nothing. Solid red DRAM LED.

Attachments

• 20130518_085144.jpg
    20130518_085144.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 11
Update I turned it off and back on it worked again. Please help me this issue is very annoying. Update again: Now it froze and back to the usual -__-

Last edited:
Yes, Antec P280. I did have an xps 8500 and transferred the memory, video card and processor to the new case. I got a new motherboard and power supply. It worked fine the first day. So it's the memory?

Did you make sure that was all compatible with the new mother board? It could be a simple as the ram is not compatible. Or one of the card's is bad. It also could be the mother board and CPU are not compatible.
Take all the ram out except the one in the 0 slot. That's the one right next to the cpu. Fire it up and see if it bots up and stays running.
Then shut down and swap with another ram card. Boot back up. Do that with all of the cards. The one that doesn't let it boot back up or cuts up is your bad card.

And not to be an ass I have the P280 case also. There's so many holes you can use to route the wiring around the back side so you don't see it. Cable straps are your friends.

Yea I know. I just wanted to rush this. I don't have too much time because of school but summer's coming so I'll have time to organize upgrade and fix everything. Thanks for the help. Testing it now.

Back
Top Bottom