Doom 3

worldhopes

Solid State Member
i have just got doom 3. when playing the game, the game is running fine untill i go through doors or shoot, ect.

My computer is under spec for the game (my ram & a graphics). i am on a tight budget and can only afford to replace one, so which one would be the best for improved game play a graphics card or more ram ?

thxs in advance,

World...

If you are below specs you are below specs and their is not much you can do about it. People that are at or above have trouble running it.

You can allways do as gibant says and unpak the base.

It's got to be the graphics card. The Gforce 2 is longer in the tooth, than a sabretoothed tiger. ;)

Picking the best card is going to be the problem, if you post the amount you have to spend, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on the best card.

You should also, as i'm sure you realise, put Memory at the top of your christmas list.

thxs

Thanks for all your advice.

I have a choice between the GeForce FX5200 128mb AGP PowerPack! Pro/660 TV-DVI (£40) & Radeon 9200 128MB DDR + DVI + TV. (£45)

which card is the best for all round performance ?

World.....

PS

Any other suggestions for under £50 (delivered) are welcome.

To be honest your just picking another geforce 2 card. I'd increase your budget if your wanting to experience good game play, maybe a 9600 will do but i do not know. But a 5200 and a 9200 wont cut it. And i got a 9200 for £30.. (ebuyer.co.uk)

u don' need a brand new card.
jus buy a used one, off of forums, or off ebay.

with £50 i think u should be able to find like a Gf4 ti4600

Back
Top Bottom