Don't Errors just piss you Off..?? Here

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
I have a question....I went to install a game I had, and Went it began its installation the screen went black, and the monitor went into power save mode..So a few minutes later I turned it off and back on....Now when I go to boot the game It won't work,. Obviously, because Installation never completed....Now when I go to Uninstall it, I get an Error that says.....The Volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid....What the hell does this mean..How do I get this thing out of my computer?

Anyone?......

How do you Uninstall something that won't Uninstall?

AmericanSensei

This is really pissing me off......How do you uninstall something that won't uninstall.....

Tempted to take my 500 Smith and put a hole in this thing.

AmericanSensei

could be a graphic card problem or you set your monitor to go onto power saving mode ???

try reinstalling and turn off all power management before trying again.

There must have been a crash of some sort, especially since it caused errors in the installation, and thats probably why it went into power save mode (usually orange light) because it wasn't seeing a signal anymore.

Yeah, I guess you could try going over it, plus it isn't advisable but if this fails and there is no other way, remove it from the drive manually, and then you'd have to remove registry keys and all that.

Another idea though, can yuo possibly use System Restore to regain your computer before you installed the program? That might work if you have it on your version of Windows

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies guys.

Heres what I'll do.

I'll attepmt the System Restore, but a little skeptical on that.

Another thing....

1.How does one set his monitor to not go into power save mode?

2.How would you manually uninstall the program?

You see thats whats sucks, the computer went into power save mode while it was installing, just for kickers I let it sit there for a bit, hopefully thinking that it would still complete installation. But after so long I had to do an Illegal shut down.

AmericanSensei

I don't think it went into power save mode, not when installing a program, and so moving the mouse round. Though you find this by going to the control panel, and go to Power Options. You can then make it turn off monitor and so on after a certain period. What actaully happened, is your computer crashed, and froze, and the monitor stopped recieving a signal and probably went to an orange light or something. This is more likely wich is why the computer wouldn't respond to button bashing hehe

To manually delete it (not really advisable) you'd go into my computer, find it, delete it. Go to the Start menu, delete the shortcut, and then have to go into the registry and delete keys to get ridof it (though i'm not sure on how to do this with programs so can't help you). Its not advisable anyway. Basically just a forced version of what the add/remove programs does.

Try system restore for now I'd say, it might just work if you have it set up to do frequent backups

Hey Kage, The System Restore did it. I just reinstalled with no problems.

Again thanks for all your helps guys.

AmericanSensei

ahah thought it might :) It does help with that, because it can restore back to before a program was even installed. Glad I could help :D

Back
Top Bottom