Does installation of new memory create...

eugguy190722

Beta member
Hi guys,

Recently I upgraded my dell latitude D600 laptop from 256 mb memory to 768. I mainly upgraded for better performance in video games. Two of the games I play after installing this memory have problems. About five minutes into each of the games that I play, it seems that the frame rate drops, and some times the audio too. This will totally kill game play leaving me no other option but to quit. I tried lowering all of the graphic qualities etc....

Should I have done anything else to the computer after installing this new memory? What is the normal procedure?

I was just wondering if there is anything else I should do after installing the memory. Should I change any other hardware settings, graphics/sound card, etc...

Please help!!!! Thank You.

Let me know if there is anything you need to know about my computer.

i think your supposed to put the more powerful memory (512) into the first spot (where the 256 was ) and put to 256 behind it. also make sure you bought the same speed of ram as the original 256. somone tell me if im wrong

no.... u just pop the ram in and viola! the computer just picks up right away. nothing else to do. well, ive never upgraded ram on my labtop cause i dont need to, but for a desktop thats how it is. it should be the same, but if im wrong, somebody correct me.

Back
Top Bottom