Diskette drive A error??

Senna

Beta member
Hi,... new to the forum,....

First off, I'll admit I am not as computer literate as some of you here might be. I've got a Sony PCG-NVR23 notebook that I've had for almost three years. It performs great, but lately on start-up I've been getting a "Diskette Drive A Error". I have an interchangeable CD/DVD/Floppy disk drive. I haven't had the need to use the Floppy since I got the notebook, and my CD/DVD drive works just fine. Anyone here know what the hell I can do to make this error message go away? Troubleshooting it through XP just didn't seem to give me effective advice.
Thanks in advance.

If its got an error code type that into microsoft search and see wat results u get and also i'm a bit unclear on the whole drive interchanging!!

Problem solved!
(What I meant about the interchangable drives, which I should have made more clear, was that I have a choice between having a combo of CD/DVD drive with either a floppy, a subwoofer, or a number-key pad.)

The computer came with Windows XP.

Basically what I did to slove this problem was taking out the subwoofer, and inserting the floppy disk drive in its place. When I restarted the computer, the error message disappeared. I then plugged the subwoofer back in place, and the error message did not come back. Now.... I don't understand WHY exactly that worked, but I'm happy it did. :D

Thank you both for trying to give some suggestions, and sorry for wasting your time. :eek: :)

Back
Top Bottom