Disabling Windows Firewall

MDS1005

Baseband Member
Just downloaded Comodo Firewall. Should I keep the standard Windows Firewall running, or disable it and have only one firewall running? Also, with Comodo Firewall, is there anything specific I need to configure in the program, or is it ready to go after installation?

Two software firewalls can be a pain, and usually isn't recommended but it's not going to kill the computer.

Keep in mind that if you are connected to a router, you are behind a hardware firewall as well.

Looks like I need to do some more in depth research into routers and firewalls. Any recommended reading?

P.S. Anyone that for some random reason has been following my progress in the computer world (maybe you answered one of my first posts, D88 or anyone).... just wrote my first program in C++. Now, off to read this damn book to understand why all those lines I typed into Dev-C++ actually turned into a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter.

Just basic networking stuff should do the trick. Any router you buy today has a firewall built into it to bock some connections.

Congrats on your frist C++ program. It's a fun language, but it can be pretty picky at times.

Back
Top Bottom