Direct X 10 question.

cory551

Baseband Member
Hey, I just got my Vista Ultimate, some of you already know.

I have a Direct X 10 compatible video card, a 8600GTS. I was just wondering, if I actually have Direct X 10 or not... I have Vista installed but it still says I have 9.0c. Did something go wrong, or do I need to download it from somewhere else out of Vista?

Thanks.

What is telling you that you have 9.0c? All installs of Vista that i've seen say DX 10 even if their video card doesn't support it.

run a directX diagnostics. In the search bar type dxdiag and press enter. That will tell you for sure what version of DX you are running.

If that comes up as DX 9, go to www.microsoft.com and see if they have a download for DX 10

That's odd. It should have been installed along with Vista. Did you happen to install a game that overwrote it with DX 9.0c?

Its already been sorted through PM, he was using his games to report the DX version, once he ran DXDIAG it confirmed he had 10 :)

ive got integrated ati graphics and ive got DX10, just go to run and type "dxdiag" and look at the system tab, and it should say directx version, if you dont have run, customize your start menu so you do (right click>properties>etc.)

Back
Top Bottom