DFI SLI-DR Expert problem

EricM

Daemon Poster
I have heard that there has been a problem with this board and accidently sending 3v voltage to the cpu or something like that and frying the cpu's... i thinnk this has been very rare and has happened to only a handful of people but i do not know much about this. is there a new bios update to fix this problem? and should i still get this board if it has this problem?

I recently got this board. Haven't heard of this problem so it must be pretty rare. I wouldn't worry about it. If you have specific questions on it however, www.dfi-street.com would be the place to ask:)

so in other words... i should get it :p and just update the bios kuz i heard the fix was in the updated bios...

I don't believe its possible for the motherboard to 'send' voltage to a CPU... A CPU runs at its own voltage and the people who fried their CPU probally overclocked their CPU to the extreme with BIOS, and then blamed it on the board.

i dont know too much about voltages and what not so i could have stated that wrong. but their were cases where the mobo made the cpu fry??

Back
Top Bottom