Desktop Item Driving Me Insane! ! !

jeremyforall

Solid State Member
Hey guys whats up, I got a weird problem. (what's new)
I have a copy of an .exe file on my desktop (i know it's clean because i downloaded it) that can't be deleted when i try. How can I find out where the original file is? Anyone's feedback is extremely appreciated.

if its a shortcut, right click it, hit properties, click the shortcut tab, and click find target. Otherwise start the computer in safe mode, then delete it, because windows may be using it in normal mode. make sure that it isn't a necessary file though.

ahhhh thx fer the help, tried it, turns out its not a shortcut, and at the end of it's name there's a (2) there. idk. its a windows theme runing program. real weird huh

Ok.

The (2) at the end suggests that you have this file twice or downloaded it twice to your computer.

Right click on it and select properties. This should tell you the file path. Open 'My Computer' type the file path in the search bar, or simply type the name of the file in the search bar, to have windows search for the file.

Disable the Windows theme associated to the file. You should be able to delete it as long as windows isn't using it.

thanks a plenty for the help guys, i used unlocker and got rid of the issue. thanks again. later

Back
Top Bottom