desk top icons (Hardware problem)?

lostsoul62

Baseband Member
When I put my mouse pointer over the task bar icons I get a square box with the name of what it is. I would like them to show me the picture of what the icon info is. So when I run my mouse over Excel instead of showing me just the name in a square box I would like to see the preview picture of my spreadsheet. I don't know how it got this way but I would like to know how to bring it back. I notice that the Properties "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop" is gray out so I wonder if something happened to my video card? Also my taskbar color has changed to a grayish type of color. Index is 4.8 and I am using Aero Theme Windows 7 but when I go to task bar properties the Aero Peek check box is grayed out. I was using this before and that is why I can't figure out what happened. Aero Peek check box is grayed out and peek at desktop is grayed out. Could something have happened to my hardware because I do have an index of 4.8 and gaming is at 6.2. This has really got me bug

Ask the Internet and it will take you to a group that can answer your question

1.Click on Start menu.
2.Type the following text into the Start Search box: Aero and press enter.
3.Select “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” from the menu (i.e. control panel).4.An “Aero- Troubleshoot computer Problems” wizard dialog will appear.

5. Click on Next button.

6. The troubleshooting wizard will try to detect any problem by running a series of checks against various components required to make Aero works and running, such as video memory, Desktop Windows Manager (DWM) service, color depth, theme, power settings and etc. At the end of the analysis, the wizard will attempt to fix the issues related to Aero service and restart the Aero feature.

Back
Top Bottom