In depth explanation on crossfire setup

sef24

Baseband Member
can someone please give me a in depth explanation on how to set up crossfirex

i just bought my second 5770 to crossfire though when i plug in both (including the pci cords and bridge) it either stays at loading windows or blue screen restart.\

my motherboard is copadible with crossfire and my psu is 750w.

My impression is that those are pretty much the only steps. I'd take out the new card, update the motherboard's chipset drivers and the currently installed video drivers and then see what happens.

yea ive done that, when the drivers are up to date, the two video cards will not load into windows at all

Try the new video card only - it could be defective. If it works fine, then I'd start checking BIOS settings and PSU rail distribution.

EDIT: This is gonna sound kinda weird, but have you tried using two crossfire bridges?

Try the new video card only - it could be defective. If it works fine, then I'd start checking BIOS settings and PSU rail distribution.

EDIT: This is gonna sound kinda weird, but have you tried using two crossfire bridges?

the radeon 5770s dont have two places to connect the bridges, only one.

ive tried both video cards in both ports and they work fine by themselves, windows just wont boot by staying at "starting windows" or blue screen > restart when I have just downloaded the drivers for both (which i need a restart for them to take effect)

how can i check the psu rail distribution? guessing in the bios, ill check that out.

Back
Top Bottom