Dell XPS L501x, Blank Screen - very hot

kedar301

Beta member
hi All,

i recently bought a 1TB HDD for my Dell XPS L501x i5, following a HDD problem.

Reinstalled windows 7 pro sp1,

while installing BIOS driver fromn Dell web site the comp hanged suddenly and i had to hard shut by removing battery and cable to close the laptop.

But when i attempted to restart it, it just showed blank screen, with HDD running, i tried doing D+Start Button, it shows those diff colours but then goes blank again.

This morning i did D+Shart Button but it didnt work, i also tried Fn+Start up button but it didnt work either.

I dont get any bips but when i start up all the deshboard lights goes on aling with a few seconds of HDD light and i can stil turn on and of the wifi light with the toggle button.

I tried that 30 seconds power button with no battery or power cable. it didnt work.

otyher thing i noticed this morning is that, the bottom left corner goes very hot. i think i cooked mother board????

please help, if any buddy lives near Heathrow airport i dont mind to travel and show you. This is holing lots of things for me.

just tried the Fan but seems like it doesnt even bother to move at the start up.

Thanks

Kedar

thanks for a reply buddy, Yes i think i did flash the BIOS, i did download it from Dell website and run it then it asked me to save the flash which i didnt and when i clicked on EXIT at the end of that BIOS process the comp got stuck so i hard to do hard shut down.

Back
Top Bottom