Dell PSU Help

UCAA Elite

Beta member
I have a Dell XPS 410 with a 375 watt PSU. I want to get a 9600GT which needs a 400 watt PSU. I read somewhere that a 375 watt Dell PSU is almost the same as a 450 watt standard PSU.
I would like to know...
If I could get the 9600GT without upgrading my PSU?
If I had to upgrade, would it be easy to find a replacement PSU? Dell seems to be pretty tight on upgrading your computer, making the PSU strange sizes and what not, but I would like to know if the XPS 410 has a standard size PSU. (The manual or the actual thing doesn't say the size, and Dell Support doesn't know, I asked them and they said they don't know, which is pretty stupid on Dell's part).

Maybe i'm stupid, but I doubt a DELL psu would be stronger. If its rated at 375 watts, i'm pretty sure its 375 watts. ;)

I'd look around and see what others have done with dells. I'm sure some more ppl will chime in to help u.

Gd luck,

Chris

the wattage rating doesn't "change" according to brand, i.e. a PSU with 400W max and one that is 500W are just that - possibly the dell has a higher AMP rating for each rail or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom