Dell poweredge 4300 cant install scsi cd drive

ebiru

Beta member
completely wiped. the cd drive isnt working. i get the fellowing error
"SCSI: 5 NEC CD-DRVICE
SCSI BIOS IS NOT INSTALL"

but my harddrives get no error. anyone know how to get to see i can boot off my cd drive? and booting from cd drive isnt an option in bios (ardy looked)

When installing Windows, you'll see it says something about installing SATA/SCSI drives at the bottom. You have to press the corresponding key to let Windows know you need the drivers.

You'll then need a driver disc for SCSI drives for your motherboard, to install with, preferably on Floppy drive

EDIT:

Never mind... you need a cd drive to actually install Windows in the first place...

What you mean, completly wiped?

And whos Ardy? Was that meant to be hardly?

When installing Windows, you'll see it says something about installing SATA/SCSI drives at the bottom. You have to press the corresponding key to let Windows know you need the drivers.

You'll then need a driver disc for SCSI drives for your motherboard, to install with, preferably on Floppy drive

EDIT:

Never mind... you need a cd drive to actually install Windows in the first place...

What you mean, completly wiped?

And whos Ardy? Was that meant to be hardly?
i meant alrdy = already. by completely wiped i mean no os is on it. its a clean system....

You'll have to find a standard IDE CD Rom to install Windows.
They are cheap if you can't borrow one.

That way, you could at least install it

Back
Top Bottom