Dell or HP

rich183

Beta member
I am going to be a freshman at Central CT State University and i am getting a new computer. I have narrowed it down to dell and hp, same computer, same everything else. which one should i get. dell is $350 more but i get a free digital camera upgrade.

yo man
dell isn't 350 more, i dunno wat ur buyin.

a dell wit 2.4 and a hp wit 2.4 are about same price. actually dell is cheaper.
upgrading is a lot easier and it is also quieter.

pm if u want some more detailed info on prices from dell and all junk.

how can the same thing, be different. Lol. Same specs still same. But there built by different people. I'd go for a HP myself.

personally I'd go with a dell, but its really what you want. Are you really good with computers, or will you need tech suport. From what I've heard, HP has good support (Dell does too, but not as good). Do you really want that "free" camera? If you do, then is it worth 350 bucks. If you don't, then HP could be better. If the specs are exactly the same, look at stuff that doesn't have to do directly with the computer...thats my 2 cents :)

Itsme

i vote neither.

tell us how much your budget is and someone will list the respective parts to go buy.

I agree with 0x54. I havn't had good experiences with mainstream ready-built computers. Usually because...

A: They give you crap RAM and advertise it as DDR!!!!!! Hate to burst the balloon but all recent memory is DDR.

B: Give you a very poor graphics card, if not simply onboard bollocks.

C: The processor is the only thing that you'd want to to strip from these type of machines to put in your custom built PC.

What do you need the PC for, like 0x54 said, we will tell you the best parts for the job and building it yourself means you save probably 50%

If you had to go with a large corp built PC i'd say go with a dell. quite simply because their case design is so much better than compaq.

on the compaq evo mini tower you actualy have to remove the heat sink and fan to get enough space to slide out the hard disk to change it, the heat sink is attached by spring loaded screws so as you undo it when you get to the last screw the heat sink springs up at a funny angle.

Now compare that to a dell optiplex micro desktop case, it's around hal;f the sze but the case is hindged so that when you take it appart it opens up you cat get to everything and see everything.

Of course for the money you'd have to pay for either you could make two ones at the same spec buying the parts.

i would go with an HP ive seen both machines and used them. And had them myself. Well anyways i just built my computer. So i would build mines.

rich183 said:
I am going to be a freshman at Central CT State University and i am getting a new computer. I have narrowed it down to dell and hp, same computer, same everything else. which one should i get. dell is $350 more but i get a free digital camera upgrade.
Depends if the Camera is worth $350? If it isn't - then go with the HP; you'll need the money at University! :D

Back
Top Bottom