Deciding between these 2 cards

Luke2

Banned
Hi - I'm wondering if you could give me some suggestions on these 2 VideoCards -
HIS X1950PRO

XFX 7900GS

XFX has more pixel pipe lines and higher memory clock...
I'd appreciate your suggestions and comments. (plz don't give me any other cards that are more expensive)

Thx for ur replies (if any)

I'd get the 7900GS, but just because I prefer Nvidia products. Both of these cards are excellent, so it is really going to come down to a personal preference / price difference.

Just make sure that the Radeon will actually fit in your case, as it is a big card (look at how far the fan extrudes upward from the card).

I have HIS X800GTO - with IceQ cooling fan which is probably about the same size as the IceQ3 which is on the X1950PRO sio I'm pretty sure It will fit...
Well - I still don't know which one to get - I was thinking performance-wise the 7900GS would win but I can't find any reviews of this particular one online:-(

freestyler105 said:
I'd get the 7900GS, but just because I prefer Nvidia products. Both of these cards are excellent, so it is really going to come down to a personal preference / price difference.

Just make sure that the Radeon will actually fit in your case, as it is a big card (look at how far the fan extrudes upward from the card).

It's actually not that big. The X1950 Pro uses digital PWM instead, so you don't see any traditional caps. That's how they got the cooler to cover almost the entire PCB. It looks like it's long, but it's not. Also, that's because he chose an HIS card. Alot of their coolers use double slot, but the reference cooler is actually single slot.

The performance also owns the 7900 GS. Hands down.

Wow - so it looks like X1950PRO
Just one more thing - could any1 plz explain to me why and how is the X1950PRO better performance-wise when the 7900GS got 600/1600 with 20pipelines and the X1950PRO is 620/1480 with 12pipelines

or is there anything else to it ? is it the chip ?
Just really curious

Back
Top Bottom