DCOM error

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
my event viewer is fill with this, it happens about once an hour.

"DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service NSCService with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{09B7ADDC-8BF0-409B-8571-43E8EA2AAFA3}"

any idea whats causing it? its not causing any noticeable problems, it just conserns me how often it is happening.

Is the DCOM service enabled in services? Also, are you running Norton? NSCService is related to that if im not mistaken, enough said :)

Just seen the double post, this is my reply to it..

Go to run, and type "services.msc" without the quotes.

Look for the NSCService and enable it, see what happens then.

Edit> http://www.castlecops.com/o23list-1113.html

Read that, the NSCService is to do with Norton. So, either you have had it installed before, and do not have installed any more, or you have it installed, but it's disabled in some way ?

sorry bout the double post, i timed out the first time i sent it and didnt' see it on the list, the other can be closed/deleted.

i do have norton installed, but the annoying protection center is disabled allong with the worm protection.

Well the fact that the protection centre is disabled is probably the cause. Thats probably why it cant start the service.

yes, it does sound like that, i'll enable it and see waht happens, if it turns out that that is whats causing the error, i just re-disable it.

OK, so i've enabled my norton protection center and now i'm getting this (its still a DCOM error) and google isn't helping much:
"
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

lol easier till i get a virus but this error doesn't seem to point to norton from the looking i've done....

Back
Top Bottom