daft question??

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i had a virus on my lappy a couple of weeks ago.
any way, i have noticed that in my "my music" folder i have had a whole sh!t load of faded album art appear! i attempted to delete it all, and get the message that the file 'album art small' is a system file. if you remove it your computer or one of its programmes may not work properly.
the images are associated with nero.
it may have no connection with the virus which i had, in fact i dont think it has.
can anyone give advice please?

i had a virus on my lappy a couple of weeks ago.
any way, i have noticed that in my "my music" folder i have had a whole sh!t load of faded album art appear! i attempted to delete it all, and get the message that the file 'album art small' is a system file. if you remove it your computer or one of its programmes may not work properly.
the images are associated with nero.
it may have no connection with the virus which i had, in fact i dont think it has.
can anyone give advice please?

Try virus scanning the images just to rule out the possibility that it could be a virus.

I don't know why these files are marked as system files, but they are automatically downloaded when you play a track, it's what the CD cover should look like, (though more often than not windows media player seems to get it wrong so you could end up with loads of pictures for each song).

I believe that the selection is based on the information contained in the ID3 tags.

I find this most annoying, though it is sometimes nice to have the album graphic when listening to music, usually music playing is a background activity, so I don't want or need album art.

and I know it's only a few KB but multiply that by a few hundred albums and it is eating my disk space...

rant over.

you can ignore the warnings and delete these, but windows media player will just download them and add them again when you play tracks from the folder.

they dont look like the normal ones which windows media player inserts.
they are very dull images, you could say they look like they are covered in frost.
mistyart.jpg

the SKA image is the type which media player downloads.
all of the others are the ones which say they are system files.

Back
Top Bottom