Customising Tower.

aussie

Solid State Member
hello all, i am a download-a-holic, and am seeking some help, ok heres my prob, i have currently filled up my 2x200gb hdd's currently connected through IDE cables.
i dont like saving my stuff to disc cause 1. i loose it or 2. it gets scratched.
i am wondering how i would add another "3rd hdd" into my tower i have searched but still not 100% sure on what i should do i have found 2 ideas
IDEA 1 = Buy a PCI Card which has 3rd and 4th IDE slots. but not sure if my comp will pick up new hdd
IDEA 2 = MY I.T teacher said i can buy a ribbon which has 4 connectors on it, but still not sure if 1. my motherboard will allow it, and 2. my comp will pick it up.
I dont like the idea of external drives since i hate the cables everywhere.

I was also thinking of buying a tower, just to put Hard drives in, and somehow connection the two towers together if anyone could suggest any ideas would help me very much i thank you for your time.
Once again thanks
Aussie.

What kinda mobo do you have?

But, I think reguardless, you can get a jumper cable splitter, and add a fourth.

Go to www.newegg.com and kinda look at the hard drives. See what comes with them. And see what kinda seperate accessories that you can buy with them.

Yeah, the new ribbons would be good, but then again that PCI card sounds good.

You could buy a new motherboard, with SATA and IDE support, thats a possibility.

Which motherboard you got there matey?

sorry to ask a question and not have any detail for u but i am not sure of the type of MotherBoard i have,
however if i buy a ide card will it pick up on the comp?
?

get a K8NS=Pro mobo, it lets you back everything up and if you want or you get an error all you have to do is press F9 At start up and back it up.

I have it, its amzing

Back
Top Bottom