csrss.exe 100% spike in CPU

RonTheRipper

Beta member
I have a problem with my computer locking up after about 10 to 12 hours,and not running any programs,allthough running programs does speed up the process a bit. I ran it in safe mode and it still did it. I left the Windows Task Manager on the desktop and noticed that csrss.exe had spiked at 100% at the time of the locK. I checked for spyware, adaware and Viruses and nothing shows up. I've done every hardware test you can think of for the Hard drives, memory,cpu,video card, motherboard etc etc. This still happened after a reformat. Its not a video card problem because I've tried another. I'm usally pretty good at fixing stuff like this,but I can't figure this out for the life of me.

CPU Temp-40 deg C
WinXP
DirectX 9
QDI Mainboard
Pent 3 733
NVidia TNT Video Card also tried NVidia 3800
Creative Sound Blaster Card
512 mem ram
Maxtor 40 gig and a Seagate 80 gig
D-Link DFE-530TSX

Any help would be appreciated.

i dont know much aboutt his problem but i asked my dads friend who does stuff with computers and he said it may be a bad hard drive

money_man said:
i dont know much aboutt his problem but i asked my dads friend who does stuff with computers and he said it may be a bad hard drive

I scanned the Hard drive and no errors came up.
Thx Awaitin Reply

Ok ran Process Explorer and found out that winsrv.dll is the culprit causing the 100% spike in Csrss.exe. What would cause this??

Back
Top Bottom