CRT vs. Flat Panel

Legion Kreinak

In Runtime
If space isn't a concern, which monitor is better for gaming? I've been told that flats have an odd refresh rate (older ones did, anyhow) and that they tend to leave a horizontal line of distortion across the screen when gaming. Is this true?

CRT I think is better but the difference (laptop screen) is hardly noticable. A space to performance ratio, LCD wins.

Well all depends on the cash that you have. CRT if you can get too expensive. But really, to get a LCD gaming screen, you lookin at alot of cash. Because you would want at least an 8ms screen. and im sure those area alot of cash.

i have a viewsonic VE710b 12 ms and i see no problem with it , ghosting is not an issue with it. Runs movies fine and every game you can think off perfectly

I'm planning on getting the vx922 myself, it's an awsome lcd. if you were to get a lcd for gaming, most people would say go for it. I'm planning on going dual with it though XD, thats a grand right there, but well spent because I do quite a bit of photoshopping and dreamweavering at the same time.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom