Creating the ultimate silent pc!

You don't need to go watercooling - that's just for keeping your components cooler than having the equivalent noise of an air cooling.

For silence:

A Zalman Super Flower HERE or a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro HERE for the CPU

An Arctic Cooling Silencer HERE or a Zalman Super Flower GPU cooler HERE

For case fans:

Akasa fans, they do two series: Black Ultra Quiet and Amber, and their both silent.
Vantec Stealth fans are also very quiet.

For quiet hard drive: Samsung SpinPoint P120S, or one of the Western Digital Caviar drives

If you want a quiet PC, I would recommend going Socket 939, as the cooling solutions are much more developed.

For your information, water cooling is noisy. There's a pump in order to cool it. This thing ain't going to stay silent.

In terms of DB can somebody tell me what is quiet/noisy???

Going on the PC being idle at the time, as if you have just switched it on and left it

A typical ear can handle up to 80db. They can hear higher or lower.

And average water ppump can get you 30-60db.

A typical ear can handle up to around 140dB for a short period of time, and around 100dB for a long period.

Super loud, high performance fans can be around 50dB, normal fans can be around 30-35dB, and the quiet ones which I said can be between 18 and 20dB.

Noise is better measured in Sones, as some frequencies seem louder than others, and measuring for Sones takes this into account.

Back
Top Bottom