crashing

chalkyscoot

Beta member
Hi to all.
I have a problem with my computer starting up. Sometimes it will get past the boot up screen and then die and sometimes not even that far. I get a sound from the board like a slow ehh orr police siren which it continues to make till power is cut and screen shuts down. I believe it is either the video card or maybe my ram has had it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chalkyscoot

First impression is your PSU dying, but as a diagnostic, you should remove your RAM and start up your computer; you should hear a few beeps, which is normal, and this will point the finger at your RAM. Alternatively, disconnect your GPU and repeat the test. Lastly, and probably most importantly, use another PSU in your computer, as a test. I'm thinking PSU, though.

Thanks Der-PC-Mann :)

I will give it a go. I am now getting a little electrical smell coming from my puter so your idea of the PSU maybe correct.

Thanks again

Chalkyscoot

:) You're welcome, and yeah.. 99.9% sure it's your PSU.. definitely try another one. Just to check, what PSU do you have? If it's a cheap generic brand that you're using to power fairly high-end stuff, then it's not surprising if the PSU is kaputt. A PSU is something you don't want to be really cheap with. :p

:) You're welcome, and yeah.. 99.9% sure it's your PSU.. definitely try another one. Just to check, what PSU do you have? If it's a cheap generic brand that you're using to power fairly high-end stuff, then it's not surprising if the PSU is kaputt. A PSU is something you don't want to be really cheap with. :p

I was about to say that :)

Back
Top Bottom