Crashes on my comp

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
well mates. I wanna check each and every single one of my hardware pieces.

So, i'm starting off with my powersupply. What program can i use to check my powersupply?? Thanks.

I doubt a program can check the wattage of your power supply...

the best thing to do would be to open your PC and simply read the wattage of the power supply that should be printed on it or look in your manual that should have come with the computer and that usually says so to

it's 420. I know that, but i mean is there like a program that can see whether it spikes or not.

spikes?
you lost me lol
if you want to check out the reliability of your power supply and everything its doing then no i dont think a program can do that, programs can only detect and state information on things connected to a motherboard and allow data transfer

A power supply just puts electricity through a lead, so i dont think any information on a power supply can be gained from a software program.

well i'm gunna have to say that they are right, there is no program that you can run to test the PSU.The only thing you can do is be aware of the signs of a failing PSU.

A failing one will reboot the comp. by itself, or cause the system to crash.
best way to test is to try out another one in it's place, if the reboot/crash(s) stop, then you know it was the PSU.

one more sing of a failing PSU is it will produce more heat than usuall.

If it does not, then you know that it is not the PSU, but the Ram, that is causing probs.

In the issue of PCModder the reviewed a psu tester tha fits in your palm. Check frozencpu, pctoys....i think it was one of those. Ill tell you when i find it.

You dont really, check them IMHO. You can check on your cpu with Cpu-z. SiSoftSandra and Everest will also do tests which i guess can be considered checking.

Back
Top Bottom